Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Making a difference!


The "Mall-ternative" gift fair was a great success and I want to thank all the shoppers who bought Scrabble ornaments! I sold out (woohoo) and happily took the donation to My Friend’s House last Tuesday. It warms my heart to know so many kind and generous people!!



I want to thank Tara (volunteer coordinator at MFH) for helping with the ornaments and then coming to church and buying them, too! Thanks also to my mom and my sister for helping to jazz up the ornaments with ribbons and bells! And a special thanks to a great colleague who came by to shop!!!




After school I met with kids from my community service club. I started the club this year because I wanted to help our middle school students make a difference! The first project we started involved recycling: collecting can tabs! Today we decided on our next project: collecting “Pennies for Patients” for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I will keep you updated on our progress!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment